Sunday, May 29, 2011

Welcome Baby Jude.

I know this is LONG overdue... As you can imagine, having two kids is a lot of work!!! Things have been adjusting as well as can be expected. I'll start with the series of events from a couple days before Jude came, until now.

As you have gathered from my posts over the last few months, I have been seeing a high risk doctor twice a week for the past 3 months. Things had been going well, with a couple high blood pressure readings in the mix, but nothing too high. But the Sunday before he was born (May 1st) I woke up with a headache. During pregnancy, you can expect the occasional headache, but when you are dealing with high blood pressure, it's a high red flag. So, I just kept note and continued with my morning. At about 10 that morning, I was putting Adah's clothes on for church , and I started seeing "stars" or flashes of light. This is also a big red flag, especially since I had never experienced it before. So I went to take my blood pressure and it was 170/ 100 really high! So Adah and I went to the couch and relaxed and I laid on my left side with no avail with it going down.

My Mom was nice enough to take Adah to church so I could rest for a couple hours. Still almost asleep it was still really high. Throughout this whole pregnancy, my blood pressure has been an indicator that I need to slow down and rest, and it will go down. So it was alarming that it was not going down. So when Jon came home from church, and it was still high we decided to go to Labor and delivery.

While I was there they adjusted my medication, and waited for it to come down, knowing I was going to my high risk doctor the next day, and my OB the day after that. I was home by 10pm.

By the time by OB appointment came on Tuesday, my blood pressure was pretty high, so my doctor sent me to L&D again. I was there most of the day when they decided to induce me at 7pm that night. My birth story is a little bit long so I'll save that for another post.

At 5:09am Wednesday morning, we were blessed for our little Jude Michael! Weighing in at 5lbs 5oz and 17 1/2 inches long! Absolutely perfect!!!

This was the Saturday before I had him

This was shortly after I had him, after we got to our room.

Adah saw him very shortly after he was born, but this is the first interaction she got with him.

I had to be on Magnesium Sulfate (anti seizure) after I had him with added yet another night at the hospital. I was pretty upset I was not at home with Adah, and this is what my Dad sent me. It made me feel a lot better!

Adah was SO excited that she had company in the back seat with her!

He LOVES the sling!

Adah absolutely ADORES her brother!

It blows my mind as to what a big girl she is growing into!

He is seriously such a good baby! As long as he isn't hungry and his diaper is clean, he is content just to be around us. We are slowly getting into a routine with our he and Adah, and adjusting well to Jon being back at work.

No comments: