Wednesday, December 10, 2008

God With Us

 I have had a really hard time getting into the "Christmas spirit" this year. Usually, I am annoyingly into the Christmas spirit by now, but for a couple reasons I am not that way this year. All I have done to the house thus far is put up our tree. I haven't even taken down my autumn decor yet, which internally is driving me nuts, but I have been too lazy to take it down.
 I think this year, because I am pregnant, I am almost looking at Christmas this year as an obstacle. I am tired regularly, I have days that I have a ton of energy, but for the most part I have been tired. Because of that I have no energy to start the task of getting the stuff out from the garage, sorting through it and putting it up. 
 While I was decorating the tree, I was starting to get a little bit sad. I am supper excited about the baby and what she is going to bring to our lives, but I starting thinking that this was going to be our last Christmas that is just the two of us. I have LOVED married life with Jon and love that we are starting a new chapter in our lives, but it was just making me sad that things are going to change. Then Jon reminded me about how much fun Christmas is going to be with kids.
 Which is, I think the main reason I am having a hard time getting into Christmas. I cant wait for time to fly by and for us to have our baby girl! When we first found out we were pregnant, I had a really hard time visualizing us as parents, and having a baby of our own. Now it's all I can think about. I think about how we are going to raise her and what kind of schedule we are going to have (or lack there of). I know in due time she will come. No pun intended.
 While having this difficult time getting into the Christmas spirit, I had a great opportunity to participate in a Christmas concert at church. During the rehearsals, I will be honest, I was thinking that this is just another thing to fill our already full calendar in December. But, I could have NEVER imagined what an AMAZING night this was going to be. Yes, it was a great night of Christmas carols, and all that, but the ultimate message screamed though. We have been given this amazing gift, and those of us who have chosen to receive it have something that they can cherish, and share for forever. 
 Tonight really put Christmas in perspective for me and I am feeling refreshed and renewed. As we continue to press on though this Christmas season, I hope we remember that gift and how it has changed us.

If you want to watch the service click here, and look under 12/10/08

2 comments:

jonna said...

God with Us was so awesome, it truly exceeded any expectations I had. I wish I would've invited my entire family!

The Hanes Fam said...

I just watched it and loved it. I enjoyed seeing you lots and lots too! You look great. And I just have to say - no matter how you try to envision how it's going to be with her, nothing will match it. The good, the bad and the ugly - it will all be worth it, but won't be anything like you could ever imagine. I'm here to give you an honest perspective if you so choose. ;)