Friday, December 5, 2008

Mentoring Matters

While at work I decided to explore the Harvest.Org site. I was exploring, specifically, the women's ministry site. I was checking out the mentoring matters, because I wanted to see what was new with that. I did it last summer, and LOVED it.
The basis of it was a small group of women, that have a leader that is an older women, and you meet weekly. Along with that there is a curriculum that you follow, and the topics very from week to week. Some of the topics they go over are, Honoring Gods word, Loving your husband, Loving your children, Keepers of the home (cooking, housecleaning, laundry, etc.), Stewardship (Time, own health), and Godly attributes. Just to name a few.
When I was checking this out, I found that they are also posting recipes. I am always one that loves to get recipes, so I enjoyed it!
I am not sure when sign-ups start again for the next rotation (which, by the way is only 8 weeks, you don't have to commit you whole life!) but I totally recommend it to any young married (or not married, you really can glean from this) women.

Anyway, you can get the recipes here.

No comments: