Monday, September 22, 2008

Jenni's Shower

 This weekend we had our first big party at our house. What made this one different was we had it in the backyard. We have a nice backyard that was taken care of when we moved in, but 4 months later, we have only mowed the grass. So, Jon took that week off entirely, and we (mostly him) worked all week. 
 The party we had was a bridal shower for my future sister-in-law Jenni. I was really nervous and wanted it to be great, mostly because I wanted her to love it, and partly because it was most of the guests first impression of our house, and I wanted it to be a good one. We spent the week painting (that for the help Maddi, and Mariah) and cleaning, and Jon did his thing to the yards. He made it look so good, and I couldn't have been more proud of him.
 I would not even dream of taking credit for anything other than the house and the food. Everything else was Jana, Liz, and Kodi. These girls showed up early and left late. The tables and decorations were all them. It looked AMAZING, and Jenni said it was the best shower she had ever been to, which for all of us made all the work worth it! 




The finished table

All lit up

Jenni looking around.



The amazing Jana! This would not have happened without her and the other girls!



All those gifts were for Jenni.

Jon and Adam made our backyard look amazing with the lights.

Liz made the most PERFECT cake.



Most of the girls in this pic are in  the wedding.

Our Centrepieces.







Jenni was scared to open this one. It was from my mom.






1 comment:

Jenni and Adam said...

It really was the best shower ever!!! Thanks to all my girls who worked so hard to make the night special for me !!

I love you all!