Wednesday, March 16, 2011

31 Weeks

Monday marked 31 weeks in my pregnancy! This is exciting because if I had this baby around the same time as Adah, I have 6 weeks left to go. Obviously I am praying for a full term pregnancy, but based on this weeks doctor visit, I don't know that that's going to happen.

Monday, I had my NST (monitoring) visit, and my blood pressure wasn't good but wasn't bad. My systolic number is getting high. Which is weird because it was diastolic number that went up with Adah. I told them I had a OB appointment the next day, so they didn't make a big deal about it.

So yesterday, I went to my OB, and sure enough it was 148/72. So they made me wait, and took it again and it was 128/84! I don't get it!! One thing I love about my OB is he approaches everything in a very calm manner. While the nurses may make comments about how high it is, he approaches the facts, and tells me what he wants me to do. That's exactly what he did. He said that he knows with a 2 year old it can be hard, but he wants me to rest as much a possible.

I hate that most of them time when I go to the doctor I leave discouraged. I can't help it. This is not the way pregnancy is suppose to be. I feel robbed of having a "normal" pregnancy. Plus I feel good, with Adah, I didn't feel good at all. Every fiber in my body wants to rip into the closets, and get things ready for the baby, but I can't. I can keep up on the day to day things for the most part, but that's about it. In know this is a season, and I will be holding our baby boy very soon.

So, now I rest. I'm not on full bed rest. Adah and I hang out I in the living room for the most part. We play with her toys, color, watch TV. She is very compliant, yet still a 2 year old. ;) My family has been really helpful with taking Adah for a few hours, or coming by to help me out. Just wrapping my brain around who can watch Adah for my NST appointments has been (for me) daunting. My mom has been really helpful at figuring it out. It's only about an hour and a half, but its at 1pm, right at her nap time. Usually she stays awake and plays with whoever is watching her, but it's never 100% that she'll go to sleep when I get home. That can be hard because I have always been insistent on naps.


I need to rely on the fact that things are good right now. But I also know it can take a swift turn at anytime, so I'm preparing myself for that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Home

1 comment:

Witness My Fitness said...

I know how discouraging bad news or "abnormal" pregnancies can be. I really wish pregnancy was more enjoyable for me. Of course, I enjoy feeling the baby move and the idea of having a little one to hold in a short time from now, but still, its hard. I can empathize with you on how hard it is to rest with little ones! Mine don't understand at all, but that is to be expected. I'm glad to hear you are getting help, though! I will be keeping your in my prayers!