Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Adah Bites

When we first started feeding Adah solids I was really discouraged because she seemed to be very picky. I started by making her baby food, and she did not like it, then I tried the jared baby food and she liked it okay, but it made her smell for the rest of the day. I had a feeling that this might happy because if you know Jon and I well, you would know that we are both very picky eaters. I have to get creative around dinnertime at our house.

Then it happened one night we were at a favorite family spaghetti restaurant and I forgot baby food. At this point Adah had gotten use to the idea of eating with the family so she was not a happy camper when I had nothing to offer her.

My dad had suggested cutting some spaghetti up really tiny, and giving that to her. Well, I did that, and I have never seen her eat something with such passion. It became an instant favorite of hers. I honestly didn't think much of it because it was just plain spaghetti, nothing special. So I just decided that along with her baby food I would try and give her something we were eating as a habit.

After I started that I was amazed at how not picky she actually was. Avocado, hummus, meat, and apples are just a few of the foods she loves, most of them are high in protein, so that makes me a happy momma! She is defiantly enjoying her food to say the least!

I am slowly starting to wean her off nursing. She is obviously feeling more full, so she is naturally not wanting to nurse as much. I have yet to talk to the doctor about this, but I am feeling the need to wean, so thats what we are starting.

No comments: