Monday, July 27, 2009

Rice That Makes Me Say Yummo!

We (as a family) went to a jr. high bible study/ BBQ that Jon is leading. I was so excited because the family that was hosting the study, decided they wanted to bless the kids and get carne asade to BBQ! I was supper excited and wanted to help out and bring something. So I decided to make rice.
I knew I wanted to make my mom's Spanish rice, but I also wanted to try to make a cilantro lime rice that I had at the cheesecake factory. I looked at a few different recipes, and decided to just come up with one on my own. I was really pleased with the results and decided to share it with you all.

Spanish Rice

1 stick of butter
2 cups of instant rice
a sprinkle of garlic powder
1 4 oz. can of tomato sauce
2 tsp. of chicken bouillon granules
4 cups of water
1 half can of corn
1 handful of a small noodle (shells, or elbows are good) *optional*
Cheese to top

Melt butter in the skillet, then add rice and brown. Once rice is browned sprinkle garlic powder, then stir in tomato sauce. Stir in water, bouillon, and noodles and cover. Stir occasionally. Once cooked, stir in corn, and cover with cheese.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cilantro Lime Rice

2 tablespoons of oil
2 cups of instant rice
2 teaspoons of bouillon granules
4 cups of water
1 bunch of cilantro
2 cloves of garlic
splash of olive oil
squeeze of lime

Heat oil in skillet, add rice and brown. Once browned, add water, then bouillon cover and cook. While cooking, in the food processor, add cilantro, garlic, olive oil, and a squeeze of lime. Blend until the consistency is smooth. Then fold into cooked rice.

Note: Both recipe's can easily feed family's of 8 each. So if you want a smaller portion just half it.

Enjoy

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Yum! I really want to try the cilantro lime rice! Thanks for sharing.

Justin and Jen said...

Oh those sound delish! I love the cilantro lime rice from chopotle, so I want to definately use your recipe!

Robyn said...

I can make almost anything but for some reason I just can't seem to get it right when it comes to rice. Your posts makes me think I need to try it again.