Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bed Rest Week 1

 Well, I have been on bed rest for almost a week now, and the first few days weren't too bad other than the fact that Jon had to leave for the weekend. That's okay, my Mom and Dad spoiled me and I got along just fine and dandy! I feel like now, however, I am stuck. I cant go, or do anything, and everything that needs to be done around the house, I don't have the energy to do.
 
 I had a doctors appt yesterday, and Jon and I went with the very real fact that she could want to put me back in the hospital. I had a hard time with that in the morning. I didn't hate being in the hospital, but I hated the idea of going back. So when we were in the office we had to wait a long time, long enough for me to fall asleep. This I feel, was my saving grace. So when got into a room and she took my blood pressure, it was fine. The doctor came in and we discussed how I was doing and what we were going to do from here on out. She told me that I don't have to be on come pleat bed rest, (like the doctor previously had told me) I just need to be careful and not do any stressful activity. When we left the office, I told Jon I felt like we dodged a bullet, at least for another week.

 So now that I am on (not so) complete bed rest. I am still really tired all the time. I am on a high dose of the B P meds so that has to be doing a number on my body. I have been taking an average of two naps during the day. I am thinking about the previous weeks and how I was complaining to Jon that I feel like this whole pregnancy, I have had no rest, well, that is certainly not the case now!

 I think I am just trying to get into a new routine of life for the next few weeks. Adah will be here sooner than I know, and I will certainly not have any rest once she comes, so I am taking this time and savoring it.

 Again, thank you all for your prayers, I know just based on yesterdays dr. visit they are working!

1 comment:

JenLyn said...

Still praying for you Adah and Jon