Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finally!

 It really has not been that long since we started our "office project," but it feels like FOREVER! Mainly because we have had all the contents of the office scattered in the kitchen, (because the office is off the kitchen) and lately, I am having a hard time sleeping when the house is in disarray. But, thankfully it has taken us less than a week to re decorate the office. This includes: refinishing the floors, (Jon did that) painting new furniture, and all that fun organizational stuff. 
 I am thankful to announce that we are now (as of about 2 hours ago) using our office for an office, and not a storage room! All of our furniture we got from Ikea, and I am so happy with the way it looks. When we bought it, I thought that it would be too big for the space, but I actually think that it needs something else. I don't know what, but something. 
 Jon and I have our own workspace, on the same desk, but we both can do our work and not get in each others way. Before, I would have a corner in the office carved our from all the clutter, and he would have a spot at the dinning room table. We both got to a point ware it was silly for us to do that considering we have the space. 
 I would like the tank HGTV for giving me the inspiration, and the confidence that got us to do it. I would also like to thank Ikea, for providing low- cost furniture for those of us who want something budget friendly, yet trendy. And, last, but most important, I want to thank Jon how tirelessly worked on the floors and made sure it got done before my kioninea (sp?) this week. He, despite my doubts made the floors look really cool and unique to totally fit our contemporary vintage office. I love you babe!
 I will post pictures when we got all the stuff in the room. I am just ecstatic that Jon and I are both using the office for what it for, while at the same time spending time together.
 Now the only thing that needs to be in the office is my iMac that I'm going to get for Christmas. Oops! Did I just say that out loud? Don't tell Jon I said that!

No comments: