Monday, February 14, 2011

27 Weeks

Yay! I am (not officially according to some gestational calendars) in my 3rd trimester!! I have had a great week, and things are looking better from my perspective. As I posted in week 26, I have been eating good, drinking lots of water, and resting whenever I get a chance. This is really showing in my numbers with my blood pressure so that encouraging!

We had a fun, busy weekend. My sister's 15th birthday, and my parents 28th anniversary was Saturday, so my mom planned a big Disneyland getaway for all of us at the Disneyland Hotel. It was so much fun! It really made Disneyland enjoyable for me, because whenever I felt like I was pushing it, we went back to the hotel to rest.

We headed out Friday morning, after a stop at the pancake house, then spent a few hours at Disneyland before we checked into our hotel. When we did check into our hotel, Everyone headed to the pool while Adah and I took a nap. Then we got up, had dinner, and went to California Adventure before we got in line for World of Color.

We have seen world of color before, but it was back in June, so it was fun to see it again. Adah was a completely different child in June, so it was really fun to see how she reacted to the show. She was so into it! She watched the whole thing on top of Jon's shoulders. Being that she is really into Disney movies right now, it made it all the more fun for her in recognizing the Disney characters! After that, Jon, Adah and I headed back to the hotel, while my sister and her friends went to Disneyland to hit up some rides.

The next morning, because we stayed at the hotel, we were able to do the "magic hour." The Magic hour is the hour before the park opens when hotel guests, and character breakfast guests get to enter the park early. Not all the rides are open, but most of tomorrow land is open and fantasy land. Adah could spend all day in fantasy land, she and my dad hit up the dumbo ride, and the look on her face was priceless!

Later in the day we got lunch at one of our favorite places to eat at Disneyland. The Ranch, is an all you can eat BBQ place that has great food, and great service! It's a bit pricey, but it is defiantly a once in a while thing. You are seated, and you give them your drink request, then they bring cast iron buckets filled with chicken, ribs, beans, and corn bread. And they will keep bringing it to you. It is so good! If you haven't tried it, you really should. It's 19.99 for lunch for adults, and (I think) 9.99 for kids 3 and up.

Jon, Adah and I left shortly after that. He planed a night sans Adah at our friends cabin in Green Valley Lake. So we dropped Adah off at his parents, and headed up the mountain. It was so nice and relaxing. He planed it as 24 hour thing so He could study away from home, and I could relax, and boy it was needed. My feet swelled due to all the walking, the bad (but oh, so good) food, and the heat. By the end of the cabin stay, he had gotten a lot done, and my feet were back to normal. It was such a nice weekend.

Please keep me in prayer for a few things...

Jon is leaving this weekend to teach at a winter camp in Washington. He is really looking forward to it, and I know that he has great things to say to the youth ministry at this camp. I had the opportunity to go, but we both thought it wouldn't be a good idea since I would be in my third trimester. That decision was made in November, and I am so glad that was the direction we went.

Also...

I start my high risk doctor visits twice a week starting Monday. I know that I am getting the care I need, and I am so thankful for that, but the co pays are going to be really draining finically. I have 3 total doctor visits next week including my normal OB appointment, so next week alone will add up to over $100 just in co pays. I know that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle, and I am really leaning on that. Whenever I let my mind go to "how are we going to pay for that" it is really overwhelming. Again, I am so grateful that the doctor is doing all he can to keep a close eye on me. It is something that didn't really happen when I was pregnant with Adah.

Thank you for all your prayer, I really appreciate them!

1 comment:

Frau Guten Tag said...

Wow, that sounds wonderful at Disneyland & the hotel. I can't wait til we can afford to take Joseph to Disneyland & other places like that. Our finances have been bad for the past 3 years, we are praying it gets better this year.

I will definitely keep you & your finances & pregnancy, etc in my prayers.