Thursday, September 17, 2009

Serendipity in the Fall

This morning I woke up in a Fall state of mind. Yesterday I purchased some Fall scented wall flowers from Bath and Body. So my house smells of pumpkins, cinnamon, and apples. Last night, after the baby fell asleep I made myself a sweet potato and with the smell of that, and my wall flowers This really helps it feel like Fall! Unfortunately, that feeling melted away with our 104 degrees heatwave that is hitting So Cal.

My new favorite place to be during Fall is New york! I started going through our New York pictures on my computer. I am trying to make a photo book with the pictures from that trip. The weather was perfect, the scenery was perfect, everything was perfect! I can't think of a more perfect place to be during Fall!

While in New York, I really wanted to make a stop at Serendipity. Yes, I saw the movie. Not m favorite, but it seemed like a fun place to stop in New York. So the last night we were in New York, we ventured over for some dessert. It was really expensive, but the atmosphere was worth it.

I am by nature a people watcher. I like to know my surroundings. In front of us, there was what looked like, an upper east side family celebrating a birthday. The mother wearing very expensive looking jewelry, the dad was wearing a suit, and the girls were in designer duds. It was fun to watch.

Here are some pictures to enjoy. The lighting was really bad for pictures. I apologize.




It was right before Halloween so the window had a Tim Burton feel.


This was my $9 piece of Lemon Ice Box pie. Mine is way better.



This was Jon's Mint ice cream Sunday.



The inside was ginormus in comparison to what I was thinking.



The Front Window

1 comment:

Robyn said...

That teaser of really cool weather we had last week didn't help at all! I think summer failed to get the memo that it was time to pack it's bags.