Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Nurturing Abbie


Since we have brought home Adah, I have noticed this natural ability in Abbie to calm Adah. She is so gentle with her and Adah responds to her so well. Adah will sleep for hours on Abbie's chest.
I was never really worried about how Abbie would do with the baby because she just has than calmness to her in, but it has been a big transition for her being the baby of the family to now being an aunt. She was nervous when Adah was born about holding her because she had never held a baby that small before, but I can honestly say that Abbie is natural. She is going to be a wonderful mother someday.
I was even able to leave Adah with Abbie while I went to the doctor last week and felt completely comfortable about leaving her alone. I am so thankful that I have the ability to leave her with someone who loves as much as I do.

No comments: