Monday, March 2, 2009

Just Kidding..... Meet Adah

 I knew this was going to happen. I introduce our baby and, and we change something. Well, its not that big a deal, but we changed the spelling slightly. We picked out her name almost as soon as we got pregnant. We had a boy alternate name but our girl name has always been Ada. I have been doing a lot of online research about her name and found that the name Ada is of German origin, and means happy, or noble. Great we knew this from the beginning. Then I was looking at the different ways to spell it and found that the spelling of Adah, had a different meaning, and origin completely. If we spell it Adah, it is Hebrew, and means blessed adornment. When I told Jon that (being the bible scholar he is) he said he wants to spell it Adah. So that's that, it's Adah!

No comments: