Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yes On Prop 8

 As I'm writing this I am really annoyed! I got one of those prop 8 signs to go in our lawn. This afternoon, Jon, being the great husband he is, put it in our lawn. Within 2 HOURS we went out to get some ice cream, and our sign had been pulled out and thrown on the ground across the lawn. I was kind of expecting this considering we live on a busy street, but not in that short about of time! 
 I am annoyed about this for a couple reasons. First, it's not like we are going out and pulling out no on prop 8 signs, (which by the way I have not seen too many) or steeling them all together. Working in the front office, so many people have come in and said that their signs have been stolen, and need to get a new one. 
 Second, these adds on TV are driving me CRAZY! They are making this whole thing out to be discrimination by comparing this to that of the civil rights movement, or the Japanese internment. I'm sorry, but you can't expect to gain the public attention by card stacking, it is untrue, and probably offensive to those who have lived through these events.
 Okay, I'm venting. My whole point is that we have (I feel) been very tolerant of our society, and the direction it's going. But it just floors me that we even have define that marriage should be between a man and a woman.
 We really need to be in prayer that the Lords will, will be done on Tuesday. I know that I am really nervous, but I have to keep telling myself that the Lords will, will be done, and he knows the outcome of Tuesday.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Our "Yes on 8" sign was stolen out of the front yard on Halloween night. There's no sign of it anywhere.

It's sad that as a society we have to vote on what a marriage is. This really must sadden our Heavenly Father, but it comes as no surprise. We have to remember that no matter what happens tomorrow, HE IS IN CONTROL.

Hope you're feeling well today....